Friday, September 11, 2015

Update at the Flip House Sept. 11, 2015

The kitchen is done and I just put the finishing touches on it this morning!  Well, except for the ceiling light but an electrician is going to have to install that since the house is so old it doesn't have electrical boxes compliant with new fixtures.  But other than that it is done and I'm so happy with how it turned out!  Here are some pics:






We had a contractor come in to cut and install the countertop and my boyfriend helped me install some of the upper cabinets (I did the two smaller ones on the left side of the window myself).  Mom installed the laminate flooring and I did everything else.  I even used the drill for the very first time and installed the hardware on the upper cabinets myself.  The lower cabinets came from Craigslist so we just painted and reused the existing hardware.

I'm also loving the backsplash.  It is PVC that comes in huge sheets from Menards.  The Oil Rubbed Bronze ones they had were too coppery in my opinion so I bought plain white and painted them with metallic Oil Rubbed Bronze paint.  It was cheaper to go that route too but now the kitchen has a custom look and I really think it updates the house so much!  Here are some side by side before and after pictures:




What a difference huh? 



A Little Bit of Randomness:
  • A few weeks ago I got stung under my arm by a hornet.  Worst. Sting. Ever.  He got me near my arm pit and my arm swelled up clear to my elbow and then for some reason my skin was discolored for several weeks where most of the allergic reaction took place.  I'm better now though!   
  • Last week I was working at the flip house like I do every day and I got a knock at the front door which turned out to be a power company worker who told me he was going to have to shut my power off for about 45 min to do some work.  This led to a full on conversation with him about what I was doing so I gave him a house tour and at the end he told me he couldn't believe I was doing it all by myself and he told me "I don't even KNOW you and I'M proud of you."  I will remember what he said for the rest of my life.  It's amazing how things people say can make such an impact on someone and sometimes it means more when strangers give you a compliment than someone you know.  They don't know you, will probably never see you again, yet they still took the time out of their day to compliment you.
  • I'm still on my gluten free diet but I ate a gyro yesterday for lunch.  And then my tummy hurt.  That's what I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment