Friday, August 14, 2015

Update at the Flip House August 14, 2015

The second floor bedroom is done!  Well, I still have to paint the inside of the closet white and it still needs carpeting, but to make me feel better I'm calling it done.  My boyfriend helped me spray the ceiling with foam insulation and hang the drywall.  Then I sprayed the drywall with knock down, cut and nailed up all the trim, painted the trim and doors, pulled up the old carpeting and the carpet pad, removed all the staples and tack strips from the floor, and even installed the ceiling light fixture all by myself!

Here's what it looks like now:







And here are some befores and afters:




A Little Bit of Randomness:
  • My grandma recently fell and broke her wrist and her hip.  Today is her birthday and she has to spend it in a nursing home while she is in rehab from her hip surgery.  I can't wait to see her tomorrow though and hopefully I can spread a little cheer! 
  • I'm having a girls night tonight and I'm so excited!  I wanted to wait until the flip house was done but all work and no play makes Liz a dull girl.  And ain't nobody got time for a dull Liz. 
  • I am now gluten free.  Once I switched over I was amazed at just how many things contain gluten so it has been quite a change for me.  I was at the point where I was experiencing indigestion after every meal and I knew for some time that it would probably be helpful for me to become gluten free, but I admit I was very resistant to it because this girls likes pizza.  And breadsticks.  However, I got to the point where enough is enough and I was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired every time I ate.  I've been gluten free for almost three weeks now and already I feel so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment