Friday, September 25, 2015

Update at the Flip House Sept. 25, 2015

This is going to be a fairly boring post but all the closets are done!  This seems to be a pretty simple and easy task but each one of these closets posed their own unique problems and took longer than I anticipated they would. 

The one below is in the front bedroom and it had a huge hole in the left side which is where the plumbing was run from the basement to the adjacent bathroom.  I ended up re-using a door in a separate part of the house as an access door to cover up the hole.  It is now on hinges and opens and closes to reveal the plumbing should it ever need repaired in the future.  I also painted the entire thing (including the shelves) white and re-hung the clothing rod.




This photo below shows the closet in the wood room (or office).  It is next to the chimney so it had a lot of water damage when the roof leaked not to mention old wallpaper that wouldn't come off.  It looks 110% better with new drywall, new paint, a new shelf, and new clothing rod.


And this final closet is on the top floor and was the same dark colored wood that you can see in the perimeter of the photo.  I put up a new wall in it on the interior right side to cover the chimney.  I also put up a new ceiling and repainted it all to make it look bigger and brighter.  The last task before I took all the closet photos was hanging a new closet rod in here.  The access door you see towards the bottom goes to attic space above the wood room.


Also this week I have pulled up every stitch of carpeting and carpet pad and have it all rolled up and ready for disposal.  It was quite a job but the good news is even though the bedroom floors are damaged beyond repair and need carpeting, I think I will be able to repair the handful of bad spots in the dining room and living room oak floors and refinish them myself .  That's what I've been working on the last few days so wish me luck!


A Little Bit of Randomness:
  • I have no idea how time goes by so fast.  There is so much more I'd like to do in a day, week, month, or even year but it goes by so fast that I can't possibly do everything I want to.  It's so frustrating because I have so many interests and goals I'd like to pursue but there just is not enough time!  
  • My dog Janie is addicted to rawhides.  She quickly learned that to get more all she has to do is jump on me and be really annoying in the hopes that I will give her another one to entertain her and get her to leave me alone.  I've caught on to her trick so last night I started training her with a squirt bottle which entails squirting her in the face when she jumps up on me.  It doesn't hurt her, she just doesn't like water for some reason and runs away.  I'm going to break her of this bad habit if it's the last thing I do because my biggest pet peeve (no pun intended) are dogs who jump.
  • My allergies are in overdrive right now.  Fall is my worst season!  I literally cannot hear out of my right ear right now and it's driving me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment