Friday, May 1, 2015

Flip House Update May 1, 2015

Bathroom drywall is up, window trim is painted, walls are painted, and tub and shower are installed with fixtures.  Here's what it looked like before:





Here's what it looks like now:




The paint color is a gray with a hint of green tint in it by Valspar called Hunter's White.

Here's what we have left to do to the bathroom before we can call it done:

  • Install linoleum flooring
  • Install sink and toilet
  • Put up new trim around window and around floor
  • Install medicine cabinet over sink
  • Install light fixtures
  • Install door and door trim
  • Caulk around tub 

A Little Bit of Randomness:
  • The other day I was digging through my purse to find an ink pen and there are legit chunks of plaster at the bottom of my purse.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I haven't cleaned it out yet...I'm waiting for an opportunity where someone has to search my purse like at the airport and I'd like to see the look on their face when they see chunks of plaster in there. 
  • I have seven trash bags of old carpeting from the flip house sitting outside my house and two bags of garbage.  Today is garbage day and the trash man decided to show up several hours early, shortly after 8 am when I was just finishing up getting ready for the day.  The worst thing is I've been so anxious to get rid of the trash that's been sitting here for a week that I was almost tempted to set it out last night but talked myself out of it.  Now I'm kicking myself because it looks like there's going to be ten bags next week!  Ugh!
  • There is a duck couple (as in a male and female duck) that hang out around the neighborhood and roam around my back yard on occasion.  I told my boyfriend the other day that they were husband and wife and he asked me how I knew because they could just be friends.  I told him I didn't know how I knew but that I was certain they were married and that he just needed to trust me on that.  A few days later I spotted two males together and I told him some gay ducks moved into the neighborhood and he just about choked on his food.  I swear, we have such diverse residents who live in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment