Friday, April 24, 2015

Flip House Update April 24, 2015

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted an update on the flip house so I needed to take a couple of hours off from working over there to sit down in front of my computer and share the latest.  The hallway walls and trim have now been painted.  The color is the same as the dining room (Valspar Smoked Oyster).  The more I paint with this shade the more I like it!  It's definitely the prettiest color I've worked with so far both at the flip house and my own house.

Here's what it looked like before (photo is taken standing in the office looking toward the front bedroom):





Here's what it looks like now:



It's amazing how much newer and fresher a house can look just by changing the paint color!



A Little Bit of Randomness:
  • It's mowing time here!  My dad is a farmer and every year I mow three farm lots for him each week which takes me about three hours from start to finish. Last week was my first week back at it and I got stuck in a ditch and he had to pull me out.  It was right by a super busy highway too and men kept stopping asking if I needed a ride somewhere but my dad was already on the way with a dump truck to pull me out.  Not only that but at another lot I rounded the corner to mow behind a shed and there was a dead coyote laying there.  Scared me to death!  This week was uneventful though so hopefully it will continue that way.
  • To date I have over 10,000 views on my blog!  Thank you so much for everyone's support!
  • I have to take a few minutes to brag on my man.  He's a second year union apprentice (he has five years total in his schooling) and a couple of weeks ago he got his own company truck and was promoted to a foreman position.  He's the only apprentice at the company he works for to have his own truck and run his own jobs.  I'm just so proud of him!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment