Wednesday, August 20, 2014

DIY Fun Bachelorette Gift

Last Saturday I attended a bachelorette party for my cousin.  Being that she was my younger cousin I felt uncomfortable purchasing lingerie or any other sort of typical "naughty" type of gift that is usually given to the bride-to-be at bachelorette parties.  So I pondered and thought on the situation for days until it hit me.  And this is what I created for her:


It's a Bridal Emergency Kit!  Everything a bride may need on her big day as she's getting ready!  It was super easy to put together too.  I found the hanging jewelry organizer at T.J. Maxx for $12.99 and it is double sided so the other side also has compartments.  When she's done using it for the wedding she can store her jewelry and scarves in it.  The blue shade also matches the bridesmaid gowns in her wedding as well so double score on that!



Then I went to Target and hit their travel toiletry aisle and just loaded up on tons of items I felt she may need in a pinch on her big day.  When I got home I put it all together and then created the Bridal Emergency Kit sign on my computer and printed it out onto heavy cardstock.  I folded the very edge of it and punched a hole in the center to slip onto the hanger so the sign would lay flat and she would know what the gift was exactly.  I just love how it turned out.  I feel like it's such a handy gift, appropriate to give to a cousin at her bachelorette party, and I was able to be creative with it at well which makes it so much more fun!


A Little Bit of Randomness:
  •  We are still going hard on the flip house but we've been working on smallish things here and there while we are waiting for our contractor to come hang drywall.  It hasn't been very exciting but as soon as we do something worth blogging about I will be sure to post info.  
  •  I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding this weekend and I'm super excited about that.  She was the flower girl in my wedding so it's so special to be in hers as well and crazy to think of her as being old enough to get married!
  •  I love the summer but I seriously cannot stand one more mosquito bite.  Seriously.  I have a bat house, a bug zapper (every 15 days I change out the mosquito lure for it just as they recommend), and a Thermacell that I turn on if I am going to spend any time outside.  But all it takes is a quit sprint out to my car to grab something and in those couple minutes I will come inside with at least one mosquito bite. 
  •  I've been doing a lot of room rearranging and repurposing my existing furniture so I will try to blog about that in some upcoming posts.  
  •  Buster the Bunny has a new trick that whenever I clean out his litter box or put handfuls of food in his food dish he likes to flip my arm up in the air with his nose which usually results in dirty litter and food spilling on the floor.  He thinks it's so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment