Friday, September 12, 2014

Drugstore Dupe for Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Eyeshadow in Fantasme

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Eyeshadow in Fantasme has been a long time love for me.  I adore this shade as a highlight on my brow bone, however a recent trip to Target had me wandering the E.L.F. aisle and that's when I stumbled across a product that looked similar in the packaging to my beloved Chanel.  The best part?  It only cost $3.  Of course it came home with me and my initial instincts were right as this product is an EXACT dupe of the Chanel version not only in shade but in texture as well.  Here are some comparison photos just in case you don't believe me:




Chanel on left, E.L.F. on right


I couldn't believe just how similar it was.  Here's the breakdown in cost: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Fantasme $36 for 0.14 oz. versus E.L.F. Studio Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Confetti $3 for 0.11 oz.  

The thing is if the Chanel had a superior formula I would certainly continue purchasing it, but the E.L.F. version is so fantastic and lasts all day long on my eyes.  I notice absolutely no difference when I'm wearing the Chanel versus the E.L.F.  I'm going to have to try other shades now and with the money I'm saving not buying the Chanel any longer I can grab all the E.L.F. shades! 


A Little Bit of Randomness:
  • I had a great time last week walking in a parade to support my local Plumber and Pipefitters Union! 

  • My dad is a farmer and every week I mow three of his lots.  Last week was the hottest day I have mowed so far this year and this week was the coldest.  There was only one week difference but it just shows how crazy Fall can be in Illinois.

  • I got my whole house humidifier installed this week and have already turned on the heat for the year.  It's working like a charm!  I went all of last year without one and I vowed not to have another repeat this year.  It just makes such a difference at keeping me cold and flu free during the Winter by keeping me hydrated.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment