Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Adding A Focal Point to Kitchen Cabinets

Above my kitchen sink was a big blank section that housed a recessed light.  I knew right away I wanted to put some type of focal point there just to give it a little somethin somethin.  I finally got around to it!

Here's what I'm talking about:




Yeah I know, dullsville!  So on a recent trip to Hobby Lobby (okay it wasn't that recent...it was probably six months ago) I found a metal decorative piece in their clearance section.  The problem was it was the wrong color, a shabby chic finish but metal is just about the easiest thing to spray paint so off I went with my trusty Rustoleum Universal Spray Paint in Satin Nickel and here's what the finished project looks like:




It cost under $5 and was so quick and easy to repaint so never be afraid to buy something you like, even if it's the wrong color because that can always be changed. 


A Little Bit of Randomness:
  • I have been so busy lately I'm behind on everything...housework, working at the flip house, blogging, and reading (I have a stack of US Weekly magazines I haven't even cracked open). 
  • I went to a wedding over the weekend in Wisconsin and even though I was gone for one night I felt like I was on vacation since I've been so busy lately. The best part is I didn't even have to make the bed.  Which reminds me, it's 2:09 p.m. and I haven't even had time to make my bed yet today.
  • Sometimes when the air conditioner shuts off and there's no other noise in the house I get concerned I've gone deaf.  Until I hear a noise and then I'm no longer panicking.
  • I have plans to write a second book, problem is I'm not sure where I'm going to find time to do it.  I do want to though and I think about it every day!
  • My ears are so small that whenever the weather is getting ready to change my ears click and pop when I swallow and if it's really bad I will get a headache.  My ears have been popping all day today which means it's going to rain within the next 24 hours.  The weatherman has nothing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment