Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cosmetic Empties and Reviews


Finally we have part three of my empties series which deals with cosmetics.  Part one can be found here and part two can be found here.  Those who know me know what an animal lover I am, and last year I really tried to hit it hard so to speak and I tried to only purchase products that were cruelty free to the best of my knowledge.  As you will note above not all these brands are cruelty free, thus why I tried to focus on using the item up (and not repurchase from the brand). 




Too Faced Full Bloom Crème Blush in Sweet Pea $21

I've had this product for about a year now so I decided it was time to use it up, however upon continued use my blush compact broke apart in the inside and every time I opened it the blush would pop out.  I'm not sure why it broke as I didn't drop it, it's like one day I opened it and it just fell out. 

This is a really nice cream blush which is the formulation I like to wear in the winter when my skin is drier.  All I have to do is set it with a powder and the color will last all day on me and this can be used on your cheeks or your lips.  I used it on my lips once but had to top it off with a gloss because I don't like a matte lip look on me.  It was a nice color though once I topped it with a gloss.

Too Faced is a cruelty free company. 

Would I repurchase?  No, only because I don't feel the compact is very sturdy and for $21 I would like my product container to last without me having to scrape out the blush and put it in a separate pot.  I would consider buying if it were on sale though but it would have to be a significant discount. 


Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals A Foundation in Bisque $50.00

I purchased this product on Ebay I'm wanting to say between $25-30.  I would not pay $50 for this foundation...while it's good I don't think any foundation truly is worth over $40 much less one that is so light in coverage like this one is. 

Jane Iredale is a natural makeup company that is cruelty free and has a really nice product line.  I've enjoyed, and continue to enjoy, several of their items however man is it expensive!  I just stick with buying off Ebay when I can snag a deal (especially since this one came as a tester). 

I would liken this foundation to a tinted moisturizer, however it can be buildable.  I like the aesthetics of the tint suspended like little balls in the gel but I don't like the packaging.  For $50 this should have a much better pump as every time I pumped it I heard and felt metal grinding on metal.  I have another darker shade of Liquid Minerals for those times when I spray tan and it too has the same annoying pump so it's not like I just got a bum container.  Jane Iredale should fix this as I view this line as a luxury natural line and there's nothing luxury about feeling as though you are hearing fingernails on a chalkboard every time you use it. 

Would I repurchase?  Yes  Will I repurchase?  Only if it is on sale, otherwise it's not worth it to me.


Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation in 02 Beige Clair $61.00

I purchased this product on Ebay for exactly $30.  I just can't justify paying $61 for a foundation, ever.  And it used to cost $59 back when I bought this one early last year.  This is definitely a luxury foundation from the packaging to the formulation of the product.  It is super nice and Guerlain is my favorite high end cosmetics company.  Or was, I should say, until the day I found out they test on animals.  Just. can't. do. it.  My guilt is too great when I smear this on my face knowing that animals had to suffer in the name of this foundation. 
   
This is a really nice medium coverage foundation that has a satin finish but after using it daily over the course of a few weeks I realized something in it makes me break out.  When I use it every few days and then switch off to something else I don't have a problem.  It doesn't matter though as I won't repurchase only because they test on animals and I'd rather give my money to a company that does not.  What does make me feel better is I did buy this brand new off Ebay so it's not like I gave the company any money for it.

Would I repurchase?  No.  This company tests on animals and the foundation made me break out.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat $21.00

I really enjoyed this mascara topper.  Let's face it, I'm crier and anything to keep my mascara from running down my face is good enough for me and this did a great job.  If you find waterproof mascara to not hold up on you like I do then give this a try because I had great luck with it.  Basically it's a clear gel that you brush on your lashes on top of your mascara of choice and it locks it in and it doesn't budge or flake off.

Would I repurchase?  Yes  Will I repurchase?  Yes but right now I'm trying out a lot of "tube" mascaras (i.e. mascaras that form tubes around your lashes instead of just coat them).

Hope you enjoyed my empties series and once I get another stockpile of empties I will do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment