Friday, July 3, 2015

Update at the Flip House July 3, 2015 and Where Have I Been?!?!

I'm still alive guys!  I'm telling you, this staircase at the flip house is kicking my patootie though.  I'm doing every step of it all by myself with no assistance from anyone and installing stair railing and balusters from scratch is very tricky, especially if you've never done anything like that in your life.  I've had to redo a few things, reconfigure even more, and now I've got a plan which should make it come together very quickly.  Hopefully by next Friday it will be completely done and I can show you guys some pictures as I'm very proud of what it looks like so far!

In the meantime I'm going to show you some pictures of the progress in the kitchen.  Not much has happened because all of my time has been spent working on these darned stairs but here's what it looks like so far:




The boards under the top cabinets is a trick I learned years ago on a home improvement channel.  You screw 2X4 boards at the right height (and already leveled) on the wall before you set the upper cabinets.  Makes it SO much quicker and easier to install.  Since I didn't have any 2X4 boards I just used remnants from trim boards and it worked just fine.  In fact, I installed the two cabinets on the left all by myself!  I had help from my boyfriend on the two on the right since they are larger and heavier, but if push came to shove I probably could have done those by myself as well so those boards underneath the cabinet really help.

The cabinets will be painted white with oil rubbed bronze hardware but even though it's not done, it's already a huge improvement.  And if you need a refresher, here's what the kitchen used to look like:





A Little Bit of Randomness:
  • I turned 35 years old on the 20th and my birthday is 6/20/80 which is all nice, round, even numbers.  I am convinced that is why I expect everything to be in even number increments.  For example, the volume on the TV can't be 19, it has to be either 18 or 20.  And yes, I'm aware that's weird. 
  • This is my 100th post!
  • Look what was dropped off at the end of my driveway the other day?  


    Apparently when they are super young they can't walk very well so mama will drop them off in various places and go off to eat and replenish her milk.  She will come back within 8 hours so if you ever see a lone fawn it's very unlikely he or she has been abandoned.  Just wait it out a little bit before you start to panic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment