Friday, December 6, 2013

Jazzing Up Old Plaster Wall Decorations

Recently my mama gave me some old plaster wall decorations.  She's all the time gifting me things she finds at garage sales and whatnot and I like to put my own spin on them to make them "mine".  And what better way to do that than with good ole spray paint? 

The other day we had a perfect outside painting day so I took advantage of the break in the weather to spray paint several things I've been holding on to.  It's cheap and it's a quick way to bring new life to old items.  Here is a before shot of what I was working with.


It's not that it's awful it just doesn't really match the colors of my interior.  So I thought about it for a second and I decided to use painter's tape to tape off the center "squares" so that I could paint the exterior edges with white spray paint.  This was the most time consuming part.



And this is how the project turned out!



My next challenge will be deciding where I'm going to put these puppies up.  I'm thinking I want to put them in the bedroom because my wall are a dark brown in there and I think it will really pull the brown and green shades out of the plaque but I'm still undecided.  Don't the inside colors really pop now against that white?  I think I will wait until after my temporary Christmas decorations come off the wall before I commit but I will keep you posted.  Total cost of the project was zero dollars.  Gotta love that!



No comments:

Post a Comment