Monday, August 5, 2013

Review - Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer



Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer in Cocoa Radiant $7.79 for 6.4 oz Back in the winter months I was suffering from dry skin, especially an itchy back, and it was driving me mad because I couldn't reach those pesky spots to apply moisturizer.  So when I saw a commercial on TV advertising Vaseline's new Spray & Go Moisturizer I thought it was the answer to my prayers.



First let me say I'm not a fan of Vaseline in general because they test on animals and being an animal lover I try to avoid supporting any company that still does such barbaric things to poor little defenseless animals for cosmetic purposes.  Also, Vaseline has a tendency to include parabens which are preservatives that research has shown to be present in tumors.  While there is a lot of controversy surrounding parabens I choose to err on the safe side and just avoid them in general, especially in something I cover my whole body with and don't wash off immediately.  There are just too many companies that offer body lotions without parabens so those are the ones I usually purchase.  Regardless of my issues I was still so desperate to fix my itchy back I wanted to try this product anyway. 

I really like the coverage and application of the continuous spray sunscreens currently on the market so that was enough to send me to my local Walgreens to purchase one of Vaseline's newest spray on lotion offerings.  I selected the scent Cocoa Radiant and was surprised by how much the item cost $7.79 for 6.4 oz.  I justified it by telling myself if it worked to moisturize my back then an almost $8 drugstore lotion was well worth it to me.

I drove home to try out my new find and was disappointed to discover it doesn't cover as well as the continuous spray sunscreens do.  It applies in a small streak and you have to rub it in.  So I did.  And I felt....nothing.  It felt like water.  My skin did not feel moisturized and it did nothing for my itchy back so I decided to save it for the summer months because the scent smelled very summery and it was obviously a lightweight lotion. 

Once late spring hit I started applying the lotion again and found it was still the same old lightweight lotion but even worse since the first time I used it because the scent started getting on my nerves as it just smelled too synthetic.  Also the nozzle got clogged after only a couple of uses so when I sprayed it only two little "strings" of lotion dispersed from it which meant even less coverage than before.  I used the lotion until I ran out but this was one product I was hoping every day would be my last day using it and that I would finish the bottle.  That's how much I disliked it.

So here are my thoughts on Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer:

Cons
  • This product is tested on animals
  • This product contains parabens
  • It cost $7.79 for a drugstore lotion which in my opinion is expensive
  • The scent (I tried Cocoa Radiant) smelled too synthetic for my taste
  • The lotion was too light for me even for the summer months
  • It was more trouble getting this on my skin and rubbing it in than a traditional lotion as the nozzle does not dispense properly and is too messy

Pros
  • None that I could find
Ingredients
Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Tapioca Starch, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Ammonium Acryloyl Dimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Dihydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Phenoxy Ethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDT

Recommendation
I do not recommend this product

Where you can buy
Here

No comments:

Post a Comment