Monday, October 14, 2013

Review on Kiss Nail Dress Strips

I came across a box of Kiss Nail Dress Strips and being curious about any and all different types of cosmetics I just had to try a box.  These retail for $6.99 and are basically sticky nail polish strips that can be peeled off the plastic backing and applied to clean fingernails.  Here's what they look like straight out of the package.




What you do is you pick the size you think will fit on the nail you want to put it on and then you peel them off the backing and "stick" them down.  Here's what they looked like applied to my fingers.



Yup, I didn't like them.  They were super hard to apply, they didn't fit my nails quite right (as you can see in the photo), and they didn't lay flat on my nails towards the tips.  They creased and bubbled no matter how slowly I applied them.  And it took FOREVER to apply them.  Perhaps the worst was they felt heavy, like stickers. 

I've not tried the Sally Hansen version but I have a feeling they are different and are more the traditional nail polish type stickers rather than these puppies which felt like I applied a little kid's sticker to my nails.  They didn't even smell like nail polish which is what I've heard of the Sally Hansen version.  They smelled like plastic.  Also when I went to file off the excess I was left with a rough, scratchy finish on the ends that kept snagging on clothing.

To remove them regular nail polish didn't work.  I basically had to grab an end and yank them off.  They are very long wearing though but after four day I had enough and had to peel them off they were so annoying.

Basically my experience was awful.  I will never buy the Kiss version again and I do not recommend them so save your hard earned money and spend the extra two dollars for the Sally Hansen version.  And if you are worried about the cost ($9 is pretty expensive for the cost of one manicure when you can spend the same amount for a whole bottle of polish) a good idea is to use it on one nail on each hand and make an accent nail with them.  It would be a great way to stretch out your dollars and enjoy them for several manicures to come making them a much better deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment