Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My New Lighted Cabinet

Darn that Craig and his stupid list!  Last night I bought a lighted cabinet off of Craigslist.  I have been searching for almost a month every night before bed for something that looked just like her for a specific project I somehow got into my head (and one that wouldn't leave).  When lo and behold this beauty appeared on my tablet screen in all of her outdated glory. 

I smiled when I saw her and then promptly turned off my Kindle because I told myself I don't need another project right now.  You see, I thought it would take me months if not years to find the perfect piece and this was all just happening way too fast.  But then I thought about her the next day and looked at her picture again online.  And the next day I did the same thing until I very quickly drove myself crazy.  I knew I would kick myself if I let her go to someone else when she could have the best life she's ever had at my house. 

I have big plans for her.  She may not be the prettiest thing in the world....yet, but I see the potential and she's going to be beautiful when I get done with her.  Here is a before picture for those curious as to what she looks like.  


The price was $75 and I negotiated it down to $60, ultimately paying $64.50 with tax as it came from a local antiques store rather than privately owned.  For solid wood and for how heavy and nicely built she is (not to mention how large at 54" X 72") I feel as though I got a steal! 


I already started on her last night in my garage as soon as I got her home safely.  My next few evenings are going to be pretty tied up so unfortunately I'm probably going to have to wait until this weekend to finish the project, but hopefully I will be moving her inside my house by Sunday at the very latest.  As always I will post a finished shot of her in place and tell you all about her makeover as soon as I'm finished.  Betcha can't guess what I'm going to do with her!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment