Friday, October 7, 2016

The Best Breakfast Ever!



I admit it, I HATE to cook.  I find nothing about cooking interesting or fun except actually eating the food I made.  Unfortunately for me this is real life and sometimes I have to cook.  By cook I mean eat some cereal in the morning or an egg and spinach omelet if there seriously is nothing else (like cereal) in the house.  The other day I was introduced to the following recipe that I just had to share:


  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup plain almond milk
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 2 tsp maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp almond butter
  • 2 tbsp chocolate chips
Measure everything out and dump all ingredients together in a Tupperware container and let them set over night in the fridge.  The next morning mix it all together and enjoy!  I did change the recipe from 1 cup almond milk to 3/4 cup as I like the texture of the oatmeal better with less almond milk, but feel free to adjust it to your own preference. 

This recipe came from the book Balancing in Heels by Kristin Cavallari.  I read an article in US Weekly several months ago about the overnight oatmeal recipe in Kristin's new book but I accidently deleted the issue from my Kindle and was too lazy to reload it to find the recipe, therefore I just googled the recipe online.  However if all her recipes are this good then I may have to buy her book!

Would you believe I actually had all these ingredients on hand with the exception of the oatmeal?  No lie, I already had chia seeds in my cabinet...you know, for that smoothie I never made because I hate to cook.  But all it took was a trip to the grocery store for the oatmeal and as soon as I got home I threw everything in a container and popped it in the refrigerator.  The next morning I tried it for the very first time and absolutely loved it!  In fact, I now make several containers of it at a time and I've been eating one every single morning.  I love it so much that when I go to bed at night I actually get excited for the morning just so I can eat my oatmeal. My life is totally an adventure now!




A Little Bit of Randomness:
  • I am so sorry I have been MIA for so long.  I've been working on a few projects behind the scenes that I will be able to discuss in the future and I have been trying to figure out how to multi task as best I can.  These are the times I wish there were two of me because there is so much I want to do but I'm having trouble finding time in which to do it all.  Hopefully I can get on a better schedule so I can post more frequently as I really miss it and enjoy it!
  • I'm having a girls only night tonight with my best girlfriend over at her place and I am so looking forward to it. 
  • Prayers to everyone on the east coast that Hurricane Matthew is kind to them, especially to my family in the Savannah, GA area.  Fingers crossed that my mom's house in Georgia is untouched!   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment