Friday, January 15, 2016

Update at the Flip House Jan. 15, 2016

The last big project is finished and the basement is fully waterproofed and painted!  Here's what it looks like:










It looks so open now, neat, and tidy.  I love how it came out!  Here are the before pictures in case you don't remember what it used to look like:





Just getting rid of the terrible wallpaper in the stairwell made it all worth it!  All we have left now is a little electrical work, carpeting, and a little touch up paint here and there to fix any knicks left behind by the carpet layers.



A Little Bit of Randomness:
  • My new dog, Daisy, is still just such a blessing to me.  I love her so much and I laugh every day at the funny and cute things she does.  I will give her rawhide bones every now and then and she hides them instead of chewing them.  Yesterday I found one in between the bathroom sink and a storage cabinet.  Then when she realizes I have found one of her bones she will take it and re-hide it somewhere else.  It's so cute!
  • Buster the Bunny loves Daisy and when I go out onto the front porch with her and he's out of his cage he will run up to her and try to play with her.  She just ignores him because she's a little snot.  The funny thing is when we are out walking and she sees a rabbit in the wild she will try to chase him but when it comes to Buster she couldn't care less.
  • Recently we had an enormous amount of rain and as luck would have it water trickled underneath the flooring in my office/craft room in my basement.  The wood that I laid down for flooring when I moved in is now ruined so that is my project for this weekend.  I'm ripping it all up as soon as I hit the publish button on this blog post so I will give you an update on what it looks like when I get it all done.  My goal is to have it finished and everything put back in by Monday so it doesn't interrupt my bookkeeping but we shall see.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. keep going girl, this Decatur place turned out so terrific, and kudos to you for getting on your leak at your own home, that is what is so great about you, Lizzie doesn't do anything halfway, yaay youre our girl!!!

    ReplyDelete