Friday, November 20, 2015

Update at the Flip House Nov. 20, 2015

The living room and dining room floors are done!  Here's what they look like:





It's a toss up as to which project was worse, the floors or the staircase I fabricated for the upstairs.  I'm going to go with the floors just because they were so labor intensive.  I will say I'm so glad they are finished and now that it's over I feel so accomplished!  I just finished touching up the trim paint along the floors today so I'm happy to call these two rooms officially done!

Here's what's left before the house is complete:
  • Touch up knicks in wall paint throughout house
  • Touch up white trim paint throughout house
  • Hanging some light fixtures
  • Finish painting the basement floor
  • Install carpeting in front bedroom, office, and second floor bedroom
  • Some final plumbing tie-ins
  • Upper outside trim paint
  • Final clean up
This means with any luck I will be done with my portion (indoor painting and clean up) by the end of this week so we will just be waiting on contract work after that.  Then this house can be officially listed and I'm super excited!


A Little Bit of Randomness:
  •  My grandma is still in the nursing home.  This will be a hard holiday to get through as I've never had a grandparent in the nursing home for the holidays.  
  •  I have a new member in my family.  I will make an announcement about it next Wednesday for my Whatever Wednesday blog post so check back next week to get the scoop!
  •  I cannot believe this year is almost over.  I have no idea where the time goes and it seems like the older I get the faster time goes by.  It's so odd because when I was younger it would seem like each year would drag on forever and I would never get "old enough" meaning old enough to drive, watch Rated R movies, buy alcohol, etc.  So for Christmas I'm asking Santa to slow time down a little bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment